Our Daily Bread Food Pantry is operating as a client-choice model and the drive thru is closed. This means individuals go inside the pantry to select the food items that they want for their families.
In order to maintain safe social distancing, clients have the option to make an appointment to shop at the pantry. However, appointments are NOT required.
If you are interested in making an appointment, please call 316-262-8898 and follow the prompts to set your appointment.
The following documentation is required:
- A fully completed application on file with the pantry.
- Head of household member must supply proof of identity for all persons listed on file.
- Head of household member must supply proof of address within the past 60 days.
- Picking up household for another household requires a completed proxy form.
Food Pantry Hours:
Tuesday – Thursday
8:30 a.m. – noon
Fourth Saturday of the month
9 a.m. – noon
Commodities (TEFAP) available 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.
Most Needed Food Items!
- Visa Gift Cards
- Ready to eat canned food: soups, chili, beef stew
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Breakfast cereal and nutrition bars
- Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, pancake syrup
Our Daily Bread Food Pantry at Catholic Charities is available to households based on the number of people living in the home. Many come for food because of an unforeseen crisis, illness, job loss or accident. Food can be provided once each month for families and individuals.
Our Daily Bread Food Pantry offers a “shopping experience,” including volunteer personal shopping assistants, who help visitors choose foods their families will enjoy.
If you are new to the pantry, or it is your first time since July 1, the following items are requested:
- Photo identification for the person picking up food
- Proof of identification for all other people living in the household (i.e. social security card, birth certificate, medical card, school ID., etc.) NOTE: We do not take copies of any form of identification.
- Proof of current address; an item mailed to your home within the last 30 days, clearly marked with your name, date and address. NOTE: You will need to provide your photo ID each month you come to pick up food.
Kansas Food Assistance
The Food Assistance Program helps low-income Americans purchase nutritious, healthy food. However, only half of those eligible to receive food assistance benefits are currently enrolled. Nationally the program is called SNAP and in Kansas it is called Food Assistance.
Donations for Our Daily Bread Food Pantry at Catholic Charities are a wonderful way to help — and MUCH NEEDED! Whether you provide an individual donation or help organize a donation drive, all donations help.
Donations can be dropped off at 2825 S. Hillside.
*Please note the facility does not have a place to wash or sanitize used items, so please only donate new items.
Can’t Donate Items? Volunteer your time! Read here to learn more about volunteering.
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Pasta sauce
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned meat (tuna)
- Boxed dinners (Hamburger Helper, etc.)
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Cereal and other breakfast items
- Can openers
- Large diapers
- Hygiene items (i.e. soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Toilet paper
Wichita, KS 67216
Tue – Thu: 8:30 AM – noon
Mon, Fri, Sun: Closed
We would like to hear from you! Call 316-264-8344 or Email us:
St. Joseph Pastoral Center
437 North Topeka st.
Wichita. KS 67202-2431
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita is a 501(c)(3). All gifts are tax-deductible.
Need donation support?
316-264-8344 ext. 1262
The Wichita Diocese covers 20,021 square miles and includes 25 counties in the southeast corner of the state. It is home to over 114,000 Catholics in 90 parishes.