437 North Topeka Street
Wichita, KS 67202
7011 W. Central, Ste. 205
Wichita, KS 67202
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
By appointment only
Catholic Charities’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families has received additional grant dollars from the Department of Veterans Affairs as part of the CARES Act. This will allow us to help even more homeless or near homeless veterans and their families throughout a 25-county area of south central and southeast Kansas. To learn more, call (316) 202-0637.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families will be operating all outreach via phone. For continued updates please visit our Important alerts page HERE.
What is Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)?
The SSVF outreach is designed to assist very low-income veterans and their families who are facing homelessness. This outreach intends to help veterans with obtaining and maintaining stable housing by overcoming and addressing housing barriers.
SOAR – (SSI/SSDI OUTREACH, ACCESS, AND RECOVERY) SOAR is a national program designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Housing counseling and case management
- Links to mainstream and veterans’ benefits
- Life skills training and mentoring
- Credit repair and counseling
- Childcare assistance
- Landlord/tenant mediation
- Temporary financial assistance
To qualify for Catholic Charities’ SSVF outreach, an individual or his/her spouse must:
- Be single or part of a family in which the head of the household, or spouse, is a veteran;
- Have discharge status other than dishonorable;
- Make less than 50% of area median income (AMI);
- Be at risk of losing housing or currently homeless; and
- Reside in 25 county service area which include Allen, Bourbon, Butler, Chase, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Cowley, Crawford, Elk, Greenwood, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Labette, Marion, McPherson, Montgomery, Morris, Neosho, Reno, Rice, Sedgwick, Sumner, Wilson and Woodson.
Application to SSVF
Supportive Services for Veteran Families
7011 W. Central, Suite #205
Wichita, KS 67212
Funded in part by a grant from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
For further assistance:
Veterans Crisis Line
Call 1-800-273-8255, press 1
or text a message to 8382555
National Call Center for Veterans
We would like to hear from you! Call 316-264-8344 or Email us:
St. Joseph Pastoral Center
437 North Topeka st.
Wichita. KS 67202-2431
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita is a 501(c)(3). All gifts are tax-deductible.
Need donation support?
316-264-8344 ext. 1262
The Wichita Diocese covers 20,021 square miles and includes 25 counties in the southeast corner of the state. It is home to over 114,000 Catholics in 90 parishes.