Wichita, KS 67202
About Continuum of Care Rapid Re-Housing
Continuum of Care — Rapid Re-Housing provides temporary rental and deposit assistance for individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness. The goal is to reduce the number of homeless households in the Wichita/Sedgwick County area through placement in permanent housing and provision of supportive case management.
To qualify for services, individuals/families must meet all following eligibility criteria:
- Homeless – as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Low-Income for the household
- Residency in Sedgwick County
How to Apply
Individuals and families interested in Rapid Re-Housing services must first call to set an appointment. 316-264-8344 ext. 4109. Applicants must complete a pre-screen eligibility interview first.
Grant does not pay past due utility or rental bills.
Donations to Rapid Re-Housing are a wonderful way to help — and MUCH NEEDED! Donations can be dropped off by appointment only at the St. Joseph Pastoral Center 437 N Topeka St. To schedule an appointment to drop off new items, please call Kayla at 316-264-8344, ext. 1262.
Please, only donate new items.
- Air mattresses
- Pillows & pillow cases
- Comforters & bed linens (all bed sizes)
- Dishes, silverware, glassware, utensils
- Bath towels, dishclothes, hand towels
- Laundry detergent (pods)
- Laundry baskets/bags
- Paper goods (plates, bowls, utensils)
- Trash bags (10 gal, 33 gal)
- Curtains/curtain rods
- Shower curtains/rods
- Bus Passes (Month or day passes)
- Small appliances (toaster, coffee pot, crock pot, microwave)
- Cookware (pots/pans, bakeware, tupperware)
- Kitchen utensils (spatulas, can openers, mixing spoons)
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, dustpans, mops, vacuum cleaners, Windex, bathroom cleaners, dish soap, sponges)
- Hair brushes and accessories
- Curling irons and hair ties
- African American hair care products and accessories
- Gift cards $5 – $20 increments – Walmart, Walgreens, Dillons, QuikTrip
We would like to hear from you! Call 316-264-8344 or Email us:
St. Joseph Pastoral Center
437 North Topeka st.
Wichita. KS 67202-2431
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita is a 501(c)(3). All gifts are tax-deductible.
Need donation support?
316-264-8344 ext. 1262
The Wichita Diocese covers 20,021 square miles and includes 25 counties in the southeast corner of the state. It is home to over 114,000 Catholics in 90 parishes.