Cana Counseling Clerical Assistant
- Answering phones and directing calls to staff
- Answering questions about Cana counseling and giving community referrals
- Making appointment reminder calls
- Checking in clients (including receiving payments) and notifying staff
- Data entry of client demographic information, assessments/questionnaires, etc.
- Assembling, labeling, and filing client charts
- Adding documents to client files
- Printing and restocking client intake forms
- Scanning and copying documents
- Mailing correspondence to clients
- Special projects
Clerical assistants greet clients of Cana Counseling, answer phone calls and client questions, and perform office duties, such as data entry. Clerical assistants take part in HIPPA and confidentiality training to maintain client privacy.
Harbor House - Child Care
- Watching and caring for children
- Cleaning playroom
Help keep an eye on the kiddos while parents are attending life skills classes at the shelter, applying for jobs and housing, and working with a case manager.
Harbor House Meal Service
- Assist with serving meals to parents and children in shelter
- Food Handler’s License required
Assist in serving meals to families in shelter. Weekly commitment requested.
Our Daily Bread Food Assistant
- Count, stock and sack parcels in the food pantry
- Shop with Clients
- Pick up food donations
- Assist with computer data input
- Language interpreters
- Answer phones-Bilingual a plus!
The food pantry provides food assistance to those in need based on family size. Click to see a list of volunteer needs!
Family Time Assistant
- Assist with family activities
- Child care assistance
- Story Time
Assist with child care, family activities or story time with the kiddos at St. Anthony Family Shelter
St. Anthony Family Shelter - Office Assistant
- Answering the Phone
- Filing papers
- Daily office work
Assistance needed for basic help around the office with answering and directing phone calls and other office duties.
General Harbor House Volunteers
- Assist with Transporting Clients
- Garden and yard help
- Basic child care while parents are attending classes
- Language interpreters
- One year commitment requested
General volunteers needed for help in transporting clients, garden and yard maintenance, basic child care, office work and language interpreters. One year commitment requested.
Harbor House - Office Assistant
- Lead office help answering phones
- Language Interpreters
- One year commitment requested for ongoing volunteers
Assistance with answering phones and language interpreters needed.
Immigration Office Assistant
- Answering the phones on Friday’s – morning and afternoon assistance needed
- Must be bi-lingual – Spanish preferred
Immigration Services works to help immigrants build a new and safe future. Assistance needed in the office answering phones on Fridays – morning and afternoon assistance needed.
Client Shelter Store Worker
- Assist in the client shelter store
- Stock shelter store
Assist staff and guests with the Client Shelter Store. Clients perform chores, cleaning duties, and attend classes to receive “Shelter Store Bucks” they can use to purchase new or gently used items for their rooms and to take with them as they move into stable housing such as microwaves, coffee pots, comforters, plate sets and other necessities.
Handy Man and Mechanic
- Overall handyman duties
- Vehicle maintenance
Assist with overall handyman duties such as fixing light fixtures, door jams, broken housing items, and other needs. The mechanic also needed to assist with basic vehicle maintenance.
We would like to hear from you! Call 316-264-8344 or Email us:
St. Joseph Pastoral Center
437 North Topeka st.
Wichita. KS 67202-2431
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita is a 501(c)(3). All gifts are tax-deductible.
Need donation support?
316-264-8344 ext. 1262
The Wichita Diocese covers 20,021 square miles and includes 25 counties in the southeast corner of the state. It is home to over 114,000 Catholics in 90 parishes.